Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hey hey you you, YOU have a girlfriend?

"My girlfriend", to a gay man, these could quite possibly be two of the most confusing words. A few months ago I met a man, my age, in my yoga class. He is well built, well groomed, soft spoken, and approached me. We shared mindless banter and discovered that we reside only a few buildings apart.
Over the months brief conversations revealed more details about our lives and their similarities. Enough to the point that I conclude he is gay, a conclusion I never jump into without proper evidence.
Returning from the store today I run into him again. Following polite salutations he mentiones he got engaged and life has been crazy since his girlfriend moved in. My protien bars almost fell out of my hands. Finishing my walk home, I pondered his ubiquitous gay traits.

No comments: