Friday, September 15, 2006

Family

As plans are made and life passes me by I observe the lot of the people with which I grew up. To them I owe the thanks and praise for opportunities given and love received. It seems, however, it is with those people that my deepest fears lie. For my love and devotion grows ever lax and empty. Not from lack of caring but from...what...I do not know. Is it truly possible to take one for granted to the point of no concern?

I turn my thoughts to other relationships of differing love to see if my laissez faire attitude could have been the cause of a break. There are definitely instances that it appears to have been in effect. I realize I get too comfortable. It becomes rote.
I must change. But in turn I must teach. The ones that are loved must not feel neglected. For what are you without the love of others but a shell? What keeps you alive but the energy shared by another? Smile for you know not when the passersby may become a permanent fixture in your life. Keep everyone close to your heart and believe in the power of a phone call or letter. For some may not always be here and, when gone, may bring our darkest fear...loneliness.

No comments: